Tuesday, July 29, 2008

'Fore I go to bed...

1. This year's titles are a bit overdue:

Paris: Man of Wax
Romeo #1: Cowboy
Prince (previously Loquacious): Natural
Benvolio (previously Rose): Cookie
Me: Feminine

Juliet #1 (previously Sexmeister): Tempest
Lady Capulet: Darling
Capulet: Quotable
Samson/Friar John (previously Loyal): Lewd
Montague/Apothecary (previously Seductress): Detailed
[Sister] Laurence (previously Sunshine): Chameleon
Gregory/Balthasar: Sing-along
Romeo #2 (previously Slasher): Mmm-hmm
Nurse (previously Knight): Badass
Tybalt (previously Song): Butterfly
Mercutio: And Stuff

2. Cookie, Man of Wax, Darling, Sing-Along, and I went to see the youth rep performance at the Lesher Center. Most of us ran into old friends there.

3. Had my second lesson with the Shakespeare God today. Working on monologues from Death of a Salesman and Brighton Beach Memoirs.

4. Sunday was our 30-minute Romeo & Juliet performance. Afterward we ate at the Metreon, reprised our hip-hop number from 1.5, and rode the carousel. I had lost my old ticket stub, but the OS's sister was kind enough to buy another, so the OS and I went on a later ride (aside: I never pegged the OS as the carousel type when I first met her. Probably 'cause I was utterly intimidated) during which we had a nice conversation. Haven't had many chances for a real one-on-one with her. Learned that she learns more about one than one might expect. *sweat drop*

5. Tomorrow my parents and I are going up to Ashland for a few days for play-viewing purposes. I'll probably use any downtime to work on The Iliad for college.

6. Final Behind-the-Commons movie night was a couple of nights ago. We wached 3:10 to Yuma and 2001: A Space Odyssey. This my second time watching the latter. I still don't get it. Who does? No one. End blog.

No comments: