Sunday, September 21, 2008

Drama update and whatnot

So we're coming up on performance weekend for The Learned Ladies. Today we rehearsed in full costume and makeup (except for wigs, which we get tomorrow). Costumes are period, Trissotin looks wonderfully ridiculous, Vadius looks like a vampire, and I have a bell-bottom vest. Also, now that I've shaved, I think that if I grew my hair long again I could pass for a girl. Not that I plan to; as I (eventually) realized with Sweet Charity, I'd just have to cut it short again for the next play. But I digress.

Lines are still a bit shaky for various cast members, and we've got a couple of sickees. Hope they recover soon. On the academic front, we've finished The Odyssey and are now on to The Oresteia, and we're coming to the last few proofs in Book 1 of the Elements.

Bad joke for the day: What do you call a psychopathic opera singer? Resonant Evil.

No comments: