Monday, June 04, 2007

Let me talk to you about life

Preliminary schedules fo next year were handed out on Friday. I was quite pleased with mine: every class was one of my first choices! Huzzah! I didn't get the Shakespeare seminar, but a bit of schedule shuffling might and me the class yet at the expense of a second-choice math class. I'm also two thirds of the way through finals, or halfway if you consider that I didn't have any real finals on Friday. Our Spanish teacher decided that the AP exam had been final enough and let us off the hook, and the Drama "final" consisted of course evaluation and a circle of appreciation. Today I had my creative writing final, which consisted of a three-minute presentation of my final portfolio. I decided to include an essay I wrote about the Venetian cast party, some poems (mostly sonnets), my short story, and my five-page play. After that was my Modern Chinese History final: a debate regarding the future of Tibet. I represented the People's Republic. Nothing ended up on the proposal that we liked, so we refused to sign and nothing was accomplished. Just like in real life.

I saw PotC: At World's End yesterday. It was better than Dead Man's Chest, but the original is still the best. I think that Captain Jack Sparrow is at his most entertaining when he is in control of the situation, and throughout the sequels he is rarely--if ever--in control.

On Wednesday I have my bio and calculus finals, Thursay is the last day of school, and I leave for London on Friday.

After seeing a few more clips of possible musicals for next year (Jesus Chris Superstar: I fail to comprehend how the same person could arrange both that and Phantom of the Opera), I now hope that we pick Little Shop of Horrors. The dentist role looks extremely fun. I will need to (as T requested) get some voice lessons, however: there is a large difference between capable of singing and good at singing. I am the former.

Yearbooks were also distributed. It definitely says something about me that, excluding my mug shot, every picture of me appeared under Reindeer Soup or Sweet Charity. One Reindeer Soup picture in particular is so unflattering it's hilarious; I can barely even recognize myself!

I do not want to put it off any longer: I am blogging my Death Valley journal, starting now!

No comments: