Thursday, June 28, 2007

No worries?

We approach the end of the first week of Shakespeare Camp. Auditions were today, and now I'm unreasonably worried.

Omnipotent said that I have a photographic memory. T says that he sees me more than his family. Memorization and commitment are all well and good, but you need something to hang them on. Most of the theater compliments I get are in one of those two veins; what if they really are the main cards I have to play? That isn't good.

After I finished the "stand up for bastards" monologue, Omnipotent said, "Okay. Good." Does she mean, "good," or, "good, but not great." The competition for Edmund seems to be high, but Lear (split into three parts) not so much. That may be enough to shift me into Lear. Yes, I did put Lear as my second choice, but primarily because it would be a challenge. I would more enjoy playing one of the brothers.

Some of this probably stems from being cast as Tubal and Portia's servant last year.

Just get over it, Peter. She'll cast you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

I wouldn't obsess too much over Omnipotent's comments. She's super tough on everybody, and therefore everyone is motivated to please her far more.

She seems like the kind of person to put people in big roles who have has small ones in the past, and to put people with past big roles in smaller parts. This is great news for you! (Not so good for me though...)