Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Breaking out the scissors

Chief, Ratched, and I met with T at lunch to discuss the spring play, and we all like the idea of one half of it being a seniors-only one-act. There are four of us seniors (including Candy) interested, which just so happens to be the cast size of The Pillowman. It got shot down for the fall play, but I presented my arguments for it to T and he seems willing to go along with it. The one big problem is that the play is way too long to present as a one-act. Still, if King Lear can be shaved down to an hour and a half, I bet the same can be done here. If it comes off, however, I definitely want my name in the program as an editor; this will be a lot of work.

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

Best of luck with that!

I have a whole new respect for editors now that I've edited the entire play of As You Like It. It isn't as easy as it sounds!

I really hope I get to see you do Pillowman! It sounds like such a great play, and I'm so sorry I missed it while it was at the Rep.

Hey, by the way, we need to hang out sometime. I still haven't seen abriged shakespeare, and you haven't seen Nausicaa! (By the way, what other Miazaki films have you seen? Any of the following? Princess Mononoke, Porco Roso, Castle in the Sky, or Totoro? You've probably seen Howl's moving castle and Spirited Away.) Anywho, send me an email or something to let me know if you'd like to hang out, and if so, when?

Hope I can see you soon!