Wednesday, January 02, 2008

*whump*

A visit to St. John's college has been scheduled. No, I still don't know if I've been accepted, but now I know that it's because they haven't yet received my transcript and one of my letters of recommendation. They could be waiting in the stacks of paperwork, but when I go back to school tomorrow I'm strapping on my college-counselor-hunting gear just in case. Anyhoo, they assigned me a bit of homework before I arrive later this month: 616 pages of The Brothers Karamazov.

1 comment:

Arcadian said...

Oh, a Brothers K seminar! Good news is that it's a senior seminar, so you won't have to deal with freshman bullshit that would color your impressions. Bad news is that it's during senior paper period, so people's minds won't be on the text.

Go ahead and skim that reading -- everyone else is going to -- and in fact I know from personal experience it should take you no more than six and a half hours, as long as you don't take a break to eat or think or breathe or anything.