Monday, February 04, 2008

Shotgun Players

March through April I have volunteered to assist the Omnipotent Softy (and Lantern the AD) as a stage hand for the Stotgun Players' production of Mrs. Warren' Profession, and the first public reading was this evening. All I knew about it previously was that it was a Shaw play, but my previous experiences with Shaw (Man & Superman and Heartbreak House) were both enjoyable. This too is shaping up to be a good play. As an aside, the last couple of pages gave me some Lear 1.4 flashbacks. OS will see me back at tech week in a little over a month.

Urinetown rehearsals are also going well; we've finally gotten into Act II. That blasted F-sharp at the end of Mister Cladwell continues to vex me. Hopefully I can get in some work on it a choral rehearsal tomorrow and my voice lesson on Wednesday. While waiting around during scenes that don't need me I learned that we have a crowbar and what must be a flail (the one-handed 1d8+Str kind) lying around. The crowbar I can understand, as it was found on a shelf with other tools. The flail not so much. Some social complications I thought were gone are still apparently present. They will be resolved shortly. I have forgotten how to tie a noose. That will also be resolved shorty. Those two promises are unrelated.

Occidental says that T's letter of recommendation doesn't count because he's a drama teacher. Good thing my Shakespeare teacher wrote an ambush letter; I'd better make sure it was sent out.

It's late. Sleep...

2 comments:

Andy Cantor said...

Oh awesome!!! I r so jealous of U!!!!!! I wish I could be a stage hand as well, but it bumps right into my family trip to Japan! What's the opposite of a silver lining?

A... Flail? This is indeed odd.

I shall see you sir, on Sunday next! That is if I don't get any sicker than I already am. Hopefully I will be better before the week is out.

BY THE WAY, ONCE YOU ARE FINISHED WITH REHEARSALS FOR URINETOWN, YOU MUST, MUST, MUST COME BACK TO PLAYREADERS! WE ARE READING POSSIBLY THE GREATEST THING EVER TO BE WRITTEN DOWN BY MAN! COME READ WITH US!!!!!!

Ahem.

Pwease?

Peter said...

I certainly will. Unfortunately that won't be until early March. But then I will!