Friday, May 25, 2007

Free period

Pirate vs. Ninja
White Wolf vs. d20
Marvel vs. DC
Mac vs. PC
Forgotten Realms vs. Eberron
Star Wars vs. Star Trek
Nintendo vs. Microsoft

The battle of the geeks shall never end.

I'm getting that creeping feeling that I am about to be crushed to death by reality and it just hasn't registered yet. Am I making any sense?

With the exception of bio next period, I only have one of each class left this year. The year doesn't feel anywhere near over.

I could be spending this time deciding on my three nominations for outstanding drama achievement this year. Charity (definitely!) gets one, as does--speak of the devil; Nomination #2 just sat down at the computer to my left. Twilight Zone, anyone? *ahem* I think I'll nominate Charlie as well; coming into the fall play with no prior experience and doing well enough to be cast in the rest of this year's plays as well is pretty impressive.

Guess that's decided. Now I have eight minutes until passing period.

Today we'll explore the pig's nervous system and perhaps watch some more Magic School Bus.

Makes you wonder how many fond parts of your childhood you would dislike of only introduced to yesterday.

PE today: Ultimate Frisbee. Play rehearsals keeping me off the field for a few weeks allowed my calluses to vanish. Now my hobbit feet are paying the price in blisters.

In six hours I'll be on my way to Atlanta. Between attending 50th anniversay celebrations and doing weekend homework I expect to have little if any downtime. At least Monday is memorial day.

Bio time.

2 comments:

Andy Cantor said...

The only ones of those VS.s I understood were Ninja vs. Pirate, and Star wars vs. Star trek.

Dude, must you even ask? Ninjas would totally kick the pirates barnically butts, and Star treck would blow starwars into a galexy far, far, FAR away.

Peter said...

Marvel vs. DC is comics, Mac vs. PC is computers, and the rest are gaming.

Ninjas definitely. The pirates may have Captain Jack Sparrow, but he alone is not enough to overcome all of ninjadom.

Star Trek? *arches eyebrow* We must meet some time to discuss this in further detail. ;)