Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dun da-dun dunnnn, dun da-dunnnn...

I just got back from seeing Indy 4. Not quite up to the level of Raiders or Last Crusade, but still a good movie. For the most part they did a good job of balancing grittiness with camp (you can't have Indiana Jones without at least a little camp), and several scenes felt right at home among the original trilogy. The last scene, however, I could have done without.

My main worry going into the movie was that I would be too distracted by thoughts of, "get your sci-fi out of my occult," but that wasn't much of a problem until the portal opened up. Seeing Indy in a 50s world rather than a 30s world was jarring, but not too much time was spent in the city. And it goes without saying that we got the map/travel overlay, a lot of action stunts, Indiana flexing his Knowledge (history) skill, and a particularly excruciating miniboss death.

Overall I give the movie a B.

No comments: