Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Schemes

Our DM has recommended that we each stat a "backup" character in case of current character deaths (which, given the power of the lich we took out, are looking not unlikely). The second wave, as it were, consists of a tank-heavy knight, a rogue about whom we don't know much, as the DM has been helping stat it (this is the backup character of our new-to-the-game archivist), a warlock who uses hellfire for good ends, a paragon-of-virtue monk who excels at punching evil in the face, a doesn't-know-what-yet-but-will-probably-be-a-dragonfire-adept...and me. I have been extremely tight-lipped with the rest of the party about my next character; all they know is that I will be some sort of magic-user. What the DM knows is that I will be playing a binder/ur-priest (basically hanging a sign around my neck that reads, "Burn me as a heretic!") who is not only evil (no, I'm not planning to kill the others), but undead. Fortunately, all my robes are lead-lined (to block divinations), I'm good with disguises (and one of my abilities can make me even better with them), being undead makes me immune to most forms of domination (unless they target undead specifically), and I'm an excellent liar, so I should be able to keep my secrets for some time. In terms of what I bring to the table, I can cast spells both of the healing and painful death varieties (I'm very good at the latter), and my powers as a binder make me insanely versatile. The downside? I'm weak of arm, I'm easy to hit unless I fortify myself with spells, and I have the agility of a cow. It should be a fun character to play once my fighter keels over.

No comments: