Friday, October 20, 2006

Dead trotsky

1. Two more D&D books to add to my collection. That makes what? 107? 108?

2. Well, that Spanish quiz went horribly enough, thank you very much.

3. Today I'll explain why I made the address "deadtrotsky.blogspot.com." Last year, the spring play at my school included the short play, "Variations on the Death of Trotsky," with myself as Trotsky. I think some guilt on the part of Peter T (the drama director) was part of how I got the part, but that's a subject for another post. And if you're reading this, Peter, and I am wrong, I apologize. Anyhoo, the play is a short, slighty surreal comedy about Trotsky learning that he is dead, that a mountain climber's axe has been buried--no, smashed--in his skull, and why it happened. I died eight time over the course of the play, and grew rather fond of Trotsky. Hence the web address. I've also used Trotsky for other things. My name on a certain message board is Trotsky, and when the school made a flag with stripes by grade and everyone had to sign, I signed as Trotsky. In case you are wondering by now, I am not a Communist.

4. Had a lovely Reindeer Soup rehearsal today. I got what I needed to finish the assignment I referred to last time, I think I've got all my lines memorized, and group chemistry went up overall. There was, however, quite a bit of laughter at productivity's expense. Something about my swaying my hips overmuch and then doing the macarena while singing, "bye baby bunting." Less then two weeeks until performance...heh heh. We'll be fine.

3 comments:

Andy Cantor said...

hey! Should have ended that post with:

Trotsky dies

*ding*

Andy Cantor said...

By the way, you have the same blog style as mine! Cool!

Peter said...

D'oh! You're right. *Trotsky dies*

*ding*