Monday, October 23, 2006

Rope

My part in Reindeer Soup (Pop) requires that I begin the play tied up and my sons untie me later. For the first few rehearsals of the first scene I tied myself up, but it was so annoying to untangle that I was no longer allowed to tie myself. I didn't even use knots. After today...it's apparently not just me; the rope is cursed. Today our director (a senior) tied me up, and it was as basic as you can get: she wound the rope around me a few times and tucked the ends back under. However, when I tried to get up from my chair I was somehow tied to the chair. And then even after I had extricated myself and worked an arm free (in character), when it came time for me to be untied they still had a lot of trouble figuring out how to get me free. The whole rope issue has gotten rather amusing. To me, at least. Just as long as I don't end up swinging by my neck from the light fixtures....

Then there's the door we're using, which seems ready to fall into the audience (or just fall apart) at a moment's notice. That, however, should be repaired by the time we perform next Thursday. Wow...just so close.

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

Hehe. Issues with tying people up. I remember it well. But at least I didn't have to use real rope.