Sunday, March 04, 2007

Closing night

The reason I did not blog yesterday was because I was at the cast party all night, but now I will make up for lost time.

Apparently it is tradition to pull pranks on closing night, so tonight's performance went a bit differently:

1. At one point in the Rich Man's Frug, everyone chorused, "Monkey, monkey, money-monkey-monkey!"

2. The announcement for the Rhythm of Life church was slightly improvised.

3. As Helene was reading a magazine in Charity's apartment, at one point she turned it sideways.

4. Joe the bouncer was re-envisioned as gay.

5. At the end, Carmen as The Good Fairy was replaced by Herman as Da Black Fairy.

6. By popular demand, I came out for the curtain call in the Frug walk.

After the performance and strike came the cast party. People left one by one, but those who stayed were up past midnight dancing (this includes me, but when it comes to modern party-style dancing I know extremely little). In addition and in hindsight, few things say "weird" like dancing with your former US History teacher to that song from Little Miss Sunshine. After everyone got tired of dancing, we watched the recording of the Friday performance, which, in more opinion than one, was better than the real version (due in no small part to our not letting the dance numbers drag on and on and on and...). People kept saying I was great, but every time I see myself acting on video my reaction is, "Wow. I am so bad!" At least that's common. I also hate my baby-face effect, but there's not much that can be done about that. After we finished watching our Sweet Charity we stayed up for a few more hours talking.

There is now a second video of me going through the Frug steps. I oblige, but if either video ends up on Youtube I will be forced to hunt certain people down.

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

Ohmygod I hate watching myself on camera so much! You are not alone my friend!