Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sweet opening night

Not a bad start for our three-night Sweet Charity run. Unfortunately, my mike seems to hate me. Despite my safety-pinning it to my tie, it STILL managed to fall off during the elevator scene. Another interesting note about the elevator scene: an earthquake struck while we were performing! Apparently everyone backstage was diving under the tables, but I was more concerned with lines and such. Honestly, it couldn't have been more than a 3 on the Richter scale! A couple of line mistakes, but nothing that really crashed the flow, and overall things went off a lot better tonight. I expect we'll only improve over the next two days.

I am one a of a few people not in the Rich Man's Frug, but after seeing me dance a few seconds of the Frug yesterday, people asked me to do it again a number of times today, and one of the cast members even took a video of it. That was fun.

Lilly, I hope to see you either tomorrow or Saturday night!

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

Yeah, I felt that quake too! It was pretty big where we were. And it was a 4.2.

Glad the show went well. (Apart from the quake of course.) I hope to see you tomorrow!