Sunday, April 08, 2007

Appearance

This past Friday my Death Valley group gave me a makeover. Imagine me wearing jeans, a polo shirt, and with gelled, slightly spiked hair. It got positive reactions all around, even from my parents. In fact, my mom begged me to put the look back on for a party last night. I agreed to the makeover, but it's not me! I don't do things to my hair (tying it back at its longest doesn't count). I don't wear collared shirts except on formal occasions. I dress for comfort, not looks, which is why I have a few hundred pairs of sweatpants. I don't care about fashion! At the post-Death Valley banquet at school, each of us delivered the Fancy Certificate of Completion [Fanfare] to another member of our group, accompanied by a speech highlighting that person's positive qualities displayed on the trip. The person who presented my certificate particularly noted that I'm "never phony to [my]self and always real to others." I certainly think--I hope--that I'm real, and when I dressed like that I didn't feel like myself. I just felt like an Anyteen.But here's the rub: after seeing the results, I have to agree that it looks better than my normal get-up.

Speaking of looks, Vince continues to maintain that I look like Neil Patrick Harris. I finally remembered to run an Image Google this afternoon, and I don't know what he is thinking.

No comments: