Monday, April 09, 2007

Problems

Things are getting awkward at school. Today the freshman girl I talked about two months ago asked me if I wanted to get some ice cream with her during long lunch. I declined, as I had work to do regarding the play and my schedule (which has resulted in my taking up an independent PE for the next few weeks), but apparently news gets around, as various people seemed to have the impression that she and I were going "on a date" today. This worries me. I have no problem with hanging out with her on a friendly level, but what I've heard/gathered indicates, well...today Vince commented, "...a shrine erected to you in her room. I'm not saying she does, but it's on that level." What!? Before Feb 9th we hardly knew each other, and most of our interaction still occurs in passing! And yet I can't help but feel that I have dug myself into a hole by not saying anything to clear up possible misconceptions. I need to be nice, but I also need to be honest. Oh, and she hasn't said much to me directly, so it would be quite easy for me to sound presumptuous. Timing, exact word choice...gah! Life was so much easier as a sophomore, back in my nice, comfortable isolation chamber!

Here is an unrelated thought to close tonight's blog: "Better an enemy you can count on than an ally you can't."

2 comments:

Andy Cantor said...

Gah, relationship complicatedness sucks.

Not that I would know about that.

I'm still in the isolation chamber.

It's comfy in here. :)

Peter said...

*knock knock*

I want back in!