Monday, June 16, 2008

Is the day so young?

Back at Cal Shakes for my third (and last) year working with the OS. Yesss!

The newcomers seem like a nice lot, but I haven't gotten a handle on them yet. Our intern's gonna be cool.

As I mentioned, our play is R&J, which the OS said she picked specifically for connections to our lives. The concept is an interesting one; I hope we can pull it off without too much of a nod and wink. Yeah, we will.

The three roles for which I'll be auditioning are Romeo, Tybalt, and the prince. I want a role that forces me to more genuine and deeper levels of emotion than I've generally done in the past--though Tom Jr. was a nice step in that direction--but I also want a chance to play a character who can be scary. Not creepy. I can do creepy just fine. Intimidating. That's an angle I really haven't worked before, and besides, Tybalt gets to fight. The fights sounds like they'll be really fun this year.The prince I'm looking at for reasons similar to Tybalt. Also, I want to improve in natural movement across the stage no matter who I'm playing. When OS saw my list of role choices she laughed and strongly agreed with me. So that's a good sign.

Sunshine didn't show up today. Apparently she was under the impression that the camp was starting on Wednesday...?

I've really screwed up my sleep schedule. I hope it gets back under control tonight.

No comments: