Monday, June 23, 2008

Songwriting geek returns

The following is a rewrite of the song "Still Alive" to be sung by Majora's Mask. Those who aren't Zelda geeks bear with me.

You have surprised me.

I didn’t suspect that you could win.

That’s what comes of sinking into madness.

Thank the Four Giants.

They didn’t forget he was their friend.

Termina is safe once more

And Skull Kid’s stronger of heart.

 

(Chorus 1)

But it’s not that easy to dispose of me

You could keep on fighting for eternity

And by your dying day’s night you’ll have forgotten that you fight

For the people who are still alive.

 

I'm not just a relic.

My power is real and here for good,

Even though the Happy Mask Man has me.

He won’t last much longer.

I’ll make him return me to my home.

Then some unsuspecting host

Will take me off of his corpse.

 

(Chorus 2)

And you know that Ganon also longs to escape,

So you know that evil can take a second shape.

If you stop his return, then I’ll have ample time to burn

All the people who are still alive.

 

Go ahead and leave them.

There might be a chance they’ll live in peace.

Maybe Anju and Kafei will prosper.

Maybe they’ll have kids -

That was a joke. Ha ha. They’re dead.

Anyway, you made me laugh:

It was a meaningless quest.

 

(Chorus 3)

And you made those people so happy for a while,

But a hero’s life is a never-ending trial.

So don’t go away too soon or I’ll drop another moon

On the people who are still alive.

 

And despite you I am still alive.

I am a mask but I am still alive.

They’ll all forget you when I'm still alive.

Someone will find me when I’m still alive.

And you won’t be there when I’m still alive.

 

Still alive

Still alive

No comments: