Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hear me moan

I'd best start preparing for my eighteenth birthday. Why? Because after today's dress rehearsal I have aged another year! There was the expected assortment of line mistakes (here I put all the blame on the others) and nearly-missed blocking (note to self: bring Charity's hand up to kiss WHILE singing, "having you around"), but in addition, our all-freshman-volunteer set crew was on the incompetent side, any backstage sound over 15 decibels I heard sent me into another spasm, makeup all around was lacking, during 1.7 the mikes of Helene and Nickie came loose, during Act 1 Sc. 8 my own mike fell off about a third of the way into the scene, in 2.2 Vince lost his Big Daddy wig and my mike fell off AGAIN, while moving into position for 2.3 I scraped my leg when I halfway fell off the stage (becoming a trend? I hope not!), I felt my performance in 2.8 (which is half the preview the school sees tomorrow morning) was disappointingly weak, and Charity never unfroze me in 2.9. At least the theatre superstition says that we will now have an excellent performance tomorrow! *crosses fingers*

No comments: