Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Drama stuff

Drama class is putting on a couple of short plays, "Mystery at Twicknam Vicarage" and "Captive audience." I got cast as my first choice in each (Roger and TV Man, respectively). Yay! Better brush up on my British accent. We also critiqued more of last spring play. However the acting was, I can't say the camerawork was impressive. Half the time the speaker was cut in half (or cut off entirely), and my face spent a considerable amount of time as a glowing white blob with hair.

13 days and 4 rehearsals to go for Iraq War Project. We've got a script for the third (being moved to be the second) act, but it's undergoing more revision. At this point my main concern is lines. Will everybody be off book by the 20th? Some of the more memorable moments from today's rehearsal included Safe (character's name) yelling, "Safe! It's me, Noor!", Powell leaning his chair wayyy back to see the map around Wolfowitz, Peter T telling me I make a good Dick [Cheney], and me pegging my in-character sister on the back of the head with a thrown, rolled-up mat. She has promised to kill me, but the pillow I throw was missing and the mat was the softest thing I could find on short notice. Would she prefer I threw the canned meat?

Changed my mind about the jello.

No comments: