Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's over.

At last, Reindeer Soup has ended. I enjoyed it immensely, but at the same time I'll be glad to have my life back.

Overall I felt tonight was the strongest performance, and I figured out how the problems were divided up over the nights. Thursday had the weakest (though not weak in an absolute sense) acting, Friday had the most line slip-ups, and tonight had the most technical/prop snafus. I shall detail:

1. The door swung open a few times. Then again, that happened every night.

2. When Vince force-fed me my meds, my coughs and splutters were entirely real. I even got water up my nose!

3. As it turned out, I had tied myself up so tightly Vince couldn't undo it. I had to continue the play tied for several lines until I could extricate myself. "Dude, I really hope you're a boy scout." For the record, I am not.

4. The lighting crew was a tad slow bringing the "angel" light up on Vince.

5. Julie lost one of her boots, but she covered it pretty well.

6. Taking my meds later on I got a bit too much water with them. More coughing and water dripping.

7. This could just be passed off as Klute stealing them or me being crazy, but I forgot my socks. After the play, Penguin pointed out that forgetting socks has become a trademark of mine. In the summer production of The Merchant of Venice, we were all supposed to wear black socks, but I forgot and wore white socks. Then tonight I forgot my socks entirely.

(tangent) This reminds me of a catastrophic error I almost made while on backstage crew for a production of Footloose this summer. I was supposed to pull the rope to lower the window for thr gym scene, but I came within a few seconds of hitting the ballon drop instead! *clutches head* (end of tangent)

Bah, enough bemoaning the negative. Aforementioned issues notwithstanding, we were AWESOME! Some of my Venetian friends (Strident, Presence, and Penguin, to be precise) came to see it tonight, and they all loved it. Strident said that my spontaneous dancing with Chrissie (played by Impulse) made her cringe.

And I promise, next update I will explain what this "Venetians with odd titles" thing is all about.

Now I only have the Iraq War Project to worry about.

...Only? Less than three weeks to go and the last act isn't even written.

'Night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not cringe exactly, but for some reason that moment was just really scary and strange, as I'm sure it was ment to be. Definately one of the more promonent moments for me.

I also loved your whole Nixon thing. That made me laugh!

Impulse was so sad!!!!!!!!! She is really good at playing a little girl.

Funnily enough I think I empathised with Julie more than anyone else in the play. Maybe because I am a vegitarian myself.

Interesting ending refrence to a heaven where the mom lives. I especialy found it interesting that Crisy wasn't one of the ones to go.

All in all, wonderful show! Fantastic job, and congrats!

I have to get up in the morning to see my first ever black belt test! (It's only the seventh ever or something in out discipline of Aikido!) S I better go to bed!

Good Job!