Friday, November 03, 2006

Whew!

FINALLY some time to blog!

Wednesday: Dress rehearsal went quite well and late. I can't remember anything else of note.

Thursday: Watched some of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" in drama class. Then at lunch the class put on an improv show in a similar style. It went off fairly well and we managed to keep our minds out of the gutter (mostly). We rehearsed Reindeer Soup a bit more and made some last-minute tweaks. I went home, spent 15 minutes checking email and bolting down a salad, and then...OPENING NIGHT!!! Nobody made any horrible mistakes, and overall I thought it went very well. I did notice that Vince's line was changed from "...or I'll knock you on your butt!" to "...on your ass!" One thing I did not like was the delivery of my big monologue. I could just feel that it wasn't nearly as good as during the dress rehearsal. Oh, well. I'll probably improve tonight. Practice makes perfect and all that. Then the eeeeevil math homework kept me up late.

Today: Fridays start late for me, which is a good thing as I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 8. We covered limits involving infinity in math today. Once you learn the shortuts it's not that bad. Lunch was chicken and a fava puree (F-f-f-f-f-f!) that tasted much better than it looked. Spanish test I feel I did pretty well on, and bio was let out early. Made a few nice catches and blocks in Ultimate Frisbee, including one drop-catch-for-the-point that was 100% reflexes. My throws still curve a lot, and depending on what I want that can make me or break me. Oh, yes: interesting. One girl in my grade has been dressing up as someone/something different every day this week. Today she dressed up as me! Heh. (EDIT: That would be Lilith.) Finally, I saw a poster advertising a new type of laser-using computer mouse. That wouldn't be blog-worthy except that the mouse was advertised as "fast and percise." Can you have a more unfortunate mistake?!

Just now: *bangs head* That is the umpteenth time somebody has told me to break a leg! Little do these people know that last March I dislocated my knee during rehearsal!

Tonight: That performance was definitely better than the one we gave last night. In particular, I thought, and the producer and my castmate Impulse thought too, that my big monologue was significantly emotionally stronger. I know why. At the end of the Shakepeare camp the Venetians and I took, we all had a cast party, and we truly bonded as a group of friends that night. Thinking back to that experience gave me what I needed.

Less door trouble, too, and this time we remembered to put the tree on its side. One night left...*deep breath*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was such a wonderful night out on the trampoline. I'm not sure I've ever felt that loved by such a large group of people before in my life, or felt that much love for all of them. I really hope they all come back next year!!!