Monday, November 20, 2006

Iraq War Project

We rehearsed. We performed. We did not bomb! My grades (yes, grades, I am getting two for this) are saved!

I'm guessing my Cheney impression (lifted directly from Jon Stewart) didn't go over too well with the conservative club, but I don't care. Also, at one point the script called for me to slowly reach out to strangle a member of the audience. That sophomore later told me, "That was creepy as hell!" That marks the second time I have been called creepy in a good, acting-related way. For those of you keeping score at home, I was called creepy again about ten minutes later by a different person in a different situation. also, my dad just now said that he could believe that I did an effective creepy. Hm...bad sign? Nah.

The others all did well too. In particular I got positive feedback about one cast member's ease of using her arms to further her character.

Of course, this being the IWP, we had still more script and blocking changes, even 10 minutes before the performance began.

One of the better lines: "Look, Dick, I know you've been itching to be the President for al ong time, but guess what? There's only one big kahuna here! Only one guy who gets to tell Air Force One where to go! Only one guy who gets to push the big red button! Only one guy who gets to massage the German chancellor's shoulders!"

That's all for now.

No comments: