Sunday, November 19, 2006

IWP approacheth

Later today we have a 5 1/2-hour cue-to-cue/dress rehearsal for the Iraq War Project and we perform tomorrow. People have lines and blocking solid, but I'm still a bit worried: we haven't practiced transitions between scenes AT ALL, and the play has...*counts on fingers*...9 such transitions in a half-hour period. Nor have we practiced at all with any sort of tech. I'll post about how it went this evening, time permitting.

16 hours left. It's finally coming together, although I would like to mention that the script was changed (albeit in a minor way) yet again.

It's odd. During one of the transitions, I started moving a chair offstage when I wasn't supposed to, although I caught myself pretty quickly. The strange part was that the mistake got to me way more than it should have, and since then I have been in an "I need a hug" state of emotions. It's so annoying that starting to move a chair at an inappropriate time during a dress rehearsal would do that to me, even as I realized then that it shouldn't. Hormones, no doubt.

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

Yeah, hormones suck.

*Gives hug*