Monday, November 26, 2007

Life update

So how are things going nowawdays? I'm not sick anymore. That's a good thing, right?

Saturday was a pretty full day. The morning and afternoon were taken up by prep for and the event of a memorial for my grandmother (read: a mass family reunion with hors d'ouvres), and in the evening I met Loyal, Seductress, Rose, Knight, Slasher, Sunshine, Loquacious, Gentleman, and Song (hooray for huge RK gatherings!) at Loyal's house where we watched Youtube clips of Eddie Izzard and the upcoming Sweeney Todd movie--and, of course, the DVD of our King Lear performance. Semi-competent cameraman aside, we actually looked pretty good. Many of us took BART home, and we passed the time singing various songs, most of them Disney. Riotous Knights, it cannot be said how much I love you all! *hugs*

My parents and I were planning to see the remake of Sleuth on Sunday, but it's out of theaters already--a minute at Rotten Tomatoes explained why--so we saw Enchanted instead. I am pleasantly surprised to say that Disney's still got it. It's simultaneously a Disney movie and a parody thereof, and it was done VERY well and humorously. This is a little personal bias sneaking in, but I'm glad that old-fashioned 2-D animation has not been discarded. Er...coincidentally, my required nitpick did involve the CG: Narissa needed to take a few cues from Maleficent in terms of making her draconic form look more threatening and less...Eragon.

In school news, auditions begin tomorrow! Yow! That means I have the rest of this evening to get my monologue memorized (it's about 70% there right now) and until Thursday to polish Master of the House. I will also finish my application for St. John's by Thursday if I know what's good for me.

No comments: