Thursday, November 22, 2007

Prep

The musical has finally been decided, and it will be Urinetown. This means preparing for auditions (hopefully my cough will be gone by next week!) and looking over the parts. I'm not interested in Bobby Strong: I've done the romantic male lead already, and I couldn't sing high tenor with belt anyway. Officer Lockstock is a bass while I'm more strictly baritone, but he looks like a fun role. Caldwell B. Cladwell, on the other hand, looks like the best choice of all. A powerful character and the bad guy, and baritone range on top of that? Sign me up!

Next on the agenda are my audition pieces. Dance is all covered at the audition itself, so nothing to do there. Picking out a song to audition with is a cinch: Thenardier fits the character I want (sort of), and he's in my range. Beggar at the Feast if Emily wants something short, or Master of the House if not.

I found a good monologue, but I don't know how character-appropriate it is. On the other hand, it feels as though it fits the mood of Urinetown in general, so I'll stick with it anyway.

Now I just need the audition fine print due being out of the loop due to missing school due to this virus.

No comments: