Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Back from the whorehouse!

...Or something like that.

Camp today was rather eventful. Apparently the first Lear in the oldest group is feeling poorly and may not be over it by Friday, so Omnipotent was looking for an understudy this morning. That understudy now be me. Learning (read: recalling) his lines will pose no challenge, to be sure. Sadly, this guy is the one who is working the hardest and committing the most to his character. On that note, Lantern and I each saw snippets of their rehearsal, and we can see why Omnipotent misses us so much. The guy playing Lear in the storm scene (not "my" Lear) appears to be physically incapable of grounding himself. I know my view is skewed because I ground myself too much, but I know that you don't bobble backward and forward while delivering, "Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks!" Lantern said that in 5.3, the girl playing Kent was acually giggling as she delivered her lines. Oh, and several of them are using rehearsal time to flirt with each other. Grrrrr!

All right, enough badmouthing the campers for now.

Learned that Psycho Kid is actually ADHD Kid. That explains a lot, but it still shouldn't impair his ability to take directions.

Toe Surgery, Round 2 was today. This time plans have been laid to permanently narrow the nail. Dr. Stewart is a cool guy. He reminds me a little of Christopher Walken.

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

She was GIGGLING?????????????????????

This is why I will never understand children...

My god, how can someone POSSIBLY laugh while in that scene, saying those lines????? WTF???