Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ah, weekends, how I miss thee.

Spent the afternoon hanging out with Loyal. She made good on her promise to enlighten me in the ways of Star Trek, and I still can't get over Patrick Stewart actually having hair! Data is awesome. We later watched the Ian Holme version of King Lear. Just watching it tired me out. Yeah. Lear is intense. Loyal was also kind enough to give me some tips on my audition monologue. Main points to work on now are allowing myself to become more vulnerable around the middle and letting my anger escalate to a ten by the end (right now it's topping out around an eight). The monologue as a whole is three minutes, which is a tad on the long side, but there's not much that can be done about that. It's still a great monologue. Draining, though. She asked to see it just after we had finished King Lear, and after running it twice I was quite wobbly in the knees. I will interpret that as a good sign, that I'm really committing to the words.

I finally went to Kinko's the other day and had made the Reindeer Soup shirt that the cast had been imagining.

Long weekend for Labor Day. Yee-hee.

No comments: