Sunday, September 23, 2007

Life goes on

Hm. it's been a while since I updated.

Loyal, Gentleman, and I saw Song for the first time since the cast party on Friday. She was in a very enjoyable production of Oklahoma!

Also on Friday I had a college interview with a representative from St. John's, and yesterday with Reed.

I have also been grappling with a poem for the last few days. I know exactly where to go with it, but I haven't been able to put it into verse yet. Perhaps I can do so now.

...

Eh. It's not one of my better ones. I'll think about posting it.

Sure.

For a long time did I stare at the cliff
That claimed so many before.
Never to fall did I expect
If I not outright so swore.

Then strolling along one day
The edge beneath crumbled away.

In the first few moments I was not sure
What exactly had happened here,
And I asked myself and whoever else heard
How much I had to fear.

(Though at times I'd dreamed while awake
That my ledge might one day break.)

The face of the cliff rushed up and away
I may have caught it to slow my pace
But instead I took a moment to feel
The rush of the wind on my face.

The act was as foolish as brave
When I had myself to save.

In that moment empty of caution
The plummet became my friend,
And I promised myself and the air about me
Never the fall to end.

Then the wind nipped me with its chill
And revealed the potential for ill.

I returned my gaze to the edge above
Now well beyond my reach
And asked myself if I had erred;
Would a hard lesson life to me teach?

Now pondering this is where
You will find me high in the air.

Even so, in my current predicament
With no sign of change for miles around,
I would not wish to end my fall
Lest I may hard hit the ground.

And would the impact bear half as much pain
As tumbling over a cliff again?

No comments: