Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bring on the iambic pentameter!

My homework for Shakespeare is to write the opening quatrain of a sonnet (can't remember if you get extra points for a full sonnet) that 1) concerns itself with a feeling and 2) contains a simile or metaphor. There are a few ABABs I've written before that would fit perfectly, but I may as well go with a new one for the sake of further experience. Think, Peter.

Kent's last lines in 1.1 have been floating around in my head for some time.

We had a freewrite in poetry today. Apparently, "My wrist has a scar. I knew that already." is funny.

*seven score syllables later*

I got a full sonnet out of it, but the first quatrain ends in mid-sentence. The last quatrain, on the other hand, works fine. It's sufficient to turn in, but I doubt I'll post it.

No comments: