Saturday, September 15, 2007

Untitled poem

I wrote a few lines of this poem in Humanitas and then expanded it yestersay afternoon.

To know you sense what isn't there
But not to sense the true:
Edification's mockery
With devious rivals few.

This mural of the mind which does
Obscure the world outside
Ignores the plea to end the chain
Of years for which it lied.

Lunging at the veil which dances
Inches out of reach,
I curse the villain who would my
Hallucinations teach,

Content no longer with the dream
My senses sought to give.
You take my life when you do take
The world in which I live!

I pluck my eyes and think to hear
A hungry raven's caw,
For they could only offer lies.
I stumbled when I saw.

This wakingless dementia doth
Provoke my death to call.
I'll have a life upon my terms
Or have no life at all.

No comments: