Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'll tell you what there is about me.

Divine Comedy: The pholosophical lectures continue. Zeus is giving us a terms quiz on Friday, which shouldn't be an issue.

Classical Worlds: Upcoming quiz here too, although Bloom has said that it will be quite easy.

Stats: Got a head start on homework in class. Problem fourteen was to identify the errors with the above pie chart. Gee, where to begin? The numbers have no context, the pie is not shown head-on, the sections are completely disproportionate to their respective percentages, and the total % is far more than 100.

Lunch: I acquired an audition form from T and worked on filling it out.

Shakespeare: My ears were particularly attuned to whenever somebody spoke in iambic pentameter. Prob'ly because of all the sonnet work we have been doing. I was on a bit of a high as I climbed the hill departing.

Poetry: We've begun watching Journey of Man (a surreal Cirque de Soleil film) and taking notes on what metaphors we see. Charlie was there! Yay! I guess his college schedule is flexible.

PE: Yoga today was only a fifteen-minute orientation, so the instant we were done I set my sights on the theatre.

Audition: Philly gave me a vote of confidence as we passed each other. I didn't see anybody else's audition; I just entered, learned that Charlie will probably help with the production, turned in my audition form, and let rip. I'm a little leery about my audition quality: I took all the notes that Loyal gave me, but I also felt less grounded. I do know that when I was finished, my legs weren't nearly as shaky as on Saturday. T and I talked a little about scheduling, wherein I learned that I'm doing considerably better than those who had come before in that regard--I deliberately eschewed a separate performing art for the sake of the drama curriculum, so I would hope I'm looking good!), and I was on my way. Iona auditioned later, and we seem to have a decent crop of freshmen, as well as a senior who hasn't been in any plays yet but would physically make a good Chief Bromden.

No comments: