Monday, January 08, 2007

Role reversals and other events

Turns out the old Oscar is back in the play, but due to other issues he's now Vittorio and I'm still Oscar, so each of us now has the first choice role of the other. Awkward...

Finally got all three people I need to recommend me for the Ashland Shakespeare seminar this summer! Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and finish the application. I've got almost three months, so no pressure (yet).

You know, I wasn't going to mention this, but I had to explain it to everybody and their dog at school today (and was referred to as "crazy" and "scary" for it on diferent occasions), so why not on my blog? Here goes:

At the Venetian New Year's party, we took some pictures of a reenactment of the "Banquo's ghost" scene from Macbeth. I was cast as Banquo's ghost. For some reason I remembered the line, "Never shake thy gory locks at me." Since my nose had been bleeding about ten minutes ago, I thought it would be a simple matter to enhance my costme by literally having gory locks and I slipped into the bathroom. Several minutes of rubbing, pinching, and otherwise manhandling my nose later (Manhandling one's nose? Odd way of putting it.), no dice. At this point I thought, " Hey, I'm not going to do all this for nothing. I want blood, and I'll get some blood!" So out come the fingernails. Unfortunately, fingernails are not as sharp as this task required, and the other Venetians forbade me from going any further, so I really did go through all that for nothing.

And that, if you didn't already know, is why I have a scar on my forehead.

I swear (again) I am not mentally unbalanced! I was just a bit frustrated and sleep-deprived.

No comments: