Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sweet, Sweet Charity

I began rehearsing my solo today. First solo I've had since I was in fourth grade. Now I remember why I generally don't go in for musicals, but at least I'm hitting the right notes. Actually, that's not entirely correct: I'm hitting the notes in the correct intervals and durations, but it all had to be shifted a few notes down; anything above middle C is out of my range unless I go falsetto. Amusing as it would be, I don't think it would be a good idea for Oscar to sing falsetto.

I now start Act II asleep and snoring. Peter T is being vague again: He told me that as I got to my feet I should wipe the drool from my mouth. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to tell me right off the bat that I shouldn't be wiping off actual drool!

I have another hour and then some to kill as I am stuck at school, but since I have some homework to do I'll switch over to that now.

No comments: