Thursday, February 01, 2007

Creative writing

I submitted my Honors contract today. My mom was disappointed when I didn't go in for biology honors. She said, "this is the year to push a little." My current tally: 6/6 classes, 2 for AP, 1 for honors, plus a TA position, AWE, all three major drama productions so far this year, a hand in directing, Drama Advisory Board member, and planning to audition for the spring play as well. The colleges had BETTER appreciate this.

Currently we are writing essays based on pivotal moments of our lives. Mine: the night on the trampoline. I submitted my draft (approximately 70% of the end product, lengthwise) for class critique today. This means that I have about fifteen paragraphs of critique to look over tonight. Granted, there will be lots of overlap, but still.

Back on the subject of honors, each honors student needs, among other things, to submit a final project at the end of the year (plus regular progress reports) the equivalent of a 10-page paper. Mine's going to be a poetry compendium. If I was 100% sure I could get away with it (and I'm not), I would pull a few off my blog. "The Fire Lives" and "Locked Inside a Cell" would take up plenty of room. Or I could fill half the assignment just with the "Necromancer's Twelve Days of Christmas," but that would be cheap.

Will be seeing a few friends this weekend. It's been too long! [Beat.] Oh, shoot! I haven't even started making preparations! Er, not that I can work on that, what with being stuck at school for nearly two more hours. I could be getting homework done right now, couldn't I? Yes, I could. I will leave now.

...or I could have been doing homework had I not left my math books at home. *facepalm*

...That makes the second time in the last few months I have accidentally walked in on girls changing. Fortunately, I seem to have very good eye-averting reflexes. A word of advice, though: If you're going to change and you want privacy, don't change in the Commons!

No comments: