Monday, December 04, 2006

Dance, dance, dance

Today were the dance auditions for Sweet Charity. In my opinion it could definitely have gone worse. Could have gone better too.My mouth was locked in a nervous grin for about 70% of the rehearsal and some time afterward.

High points: Getting a "good job" from Laura (the dance teacher), getting myself sufficiently psyched up to do a handspring.

Low Point: Miserable failure of said handspring. Oh, I have fallen far (no pun intended) from my jujitsu days....

According to Ben (played Vince in Reindeer Soup and is the ONLY other guy who auditioned), what I should put down as my special is an extremely high tolerance for pain. For evidence he cited my holding onto an electroshock machine for 45-ish seconds in freshman year. I don't know if that is enough to justify excaiming, "Nothing hurts you!"

What else today? Ah. I learned that I will NOT be ending my TA-ship with the semester. So now I will have seven classes in the spring. Interesting.

3 comments:

Andy Cantor said...

Oh, I have fallen far (no pun intended) from my jujitsu days....

It would be so utterly awesome if you could do Aikido in Berkeley... Alas that all things cannot be. There is no year round cal shakes camp in place of school, and no awesome'o'matic to make mr. Winer as cool as Susannah, nor is charlie brown ever going to kick the football that lucy is holding for him, nor do rings of invisibility exist in real life. *cries*

Lilith said...

YES! You need to do Aikido in Berkeley! For then you would know Kiele and then all my friends would be locked in a ridiculously small world!! YAY!

You did wonderfully, Peter! Stop ragging on yourself! And how about that other high point where everyone clapped for you when you jumped? Huh? That was pretty cool, I do have to admit. And I also have to admit that I was probably clapping the loudest... But, but, everyone CHEERED, Peter, they cheered!! They didn't clap and cheer that much for anyone else. (Including my spaztasticalness... ;)

Peter said...

The CHEERED!? You've gotta be kidding! For my...I can't even remember what I did. Well, thanks for the support.