Sunday, December 17, 2006

Disney gone wrong

Ask and ye shall receive: here are my retouched lyrics to A Whole New World.

I can tear down your world
Shifting, shattering, sundered
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last have your heart denied?

I can darken your eyes
Break you wonder by wonder
Murder, chaos, and plunder
No more magic carpet ride

A dying world
A once-fantastic place I slew
No one to tell me no
Or let you go
Or say you're only dreaming

A dying world
A once-proud place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I've lost this dying world to you
Now I've torn this dying world from you

Such unbearable sights
Indescribable feeling
Tossing, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless writhing sky

A dying world
Don't you dare close your eyes
So many things I'll never see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a falling star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A dying world
Every turn sears your eyes
With all horizons choked by you
Every moment red-letter/Not a moment red-letter
I'll chase you anywhere/You'll chase me anywhere
There's time to spare/There's time to spare
Let me tear this dying world from you/I can't spare this dying world from you

A dying world
I'll never see
A thrilling chase
A fallen place
For you and me/For you and me

3 comments:

Peter said...

I wanted something to replace the "red-letter" lines, but all I could come up with while staying with the rhyme scheme was, "I killed your Irish Setter."

Andy Cantor said...

Ha, the creepy thing is that some of the lines you didn't even have to change, and they're still disturbing.

Lilith said...

YES THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
*jumps in air and does flip*
YOU'RE THE BEST, PETER!!
*hugs*
It's great! I love it! <3