Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Nutcracker

It was wonderful! I've seen The Nutcracker once before, but I was too young to get anything out of it. Everything played the part of Clara. *applauds* Strident, Penguin, and Eloquent also came to see it. During the intermission, Penguin noted that "ballet is not the most effective way to deploy your troops."

Fantasia has spoiled me in regards to the music. I would be watching the various sweets go through their dances and suddenly think, "Hey! You can't be dancing to the fish music yet! The mushrooms haven't done their piece! What? NOW you're getting to the flowers? Huh. Dancing snowflakes!? But there are pieces you haven't done yet! And WHEN are the fairies going to get their turn? They should have come first!" Stupid Walt Disney to mix up the segments and make me confused 66 years later.

After the ballet was over Eloquent, Strident, and Penguin, and I talked outside cowering under an awning (the rain being rather plummeting in nature) until Everything passed. Then she joined us. We then met up with some friends of Everything and Strident and included them in our conversations. I was finally forced to leave and got lost for a few minutes. At least it was only raining lightly.

2 comments:

Lilith said...

Heh, I know that feeling. I went to a LotR concert. When they played the music for the Balrog, I turned to my friend and we squealed "THE BALROG!! THE BALROG!!" really quietly. But they skipped so much of the music!! I was anticipating to hear the part when Haldir dies, but they skipped it!
Me and my friend were the only ones in costume. :D Aren't we special...

Andy Cantor said...

Yay!!! Nutcracker!!! Yay!!! Everything!!! Yay!!!