Thursday, December 14, 2006

Death never sleeps

Reading Strident's poetry blog has made me want to go back to writing poems of a morbid nature. Here are two short poems, each incorporating the title line.

Slamming the door
Fleeing the shade
Dying no more
I've got it made

Sinking through dreams
Resting at last
Sleeping too long
Safe time has passed

Behind the door
Lies one who's slain
Breathing no more
Feeling no pain

Can't hear the cries
Of one who weeps
Forgot one thing
Death never sleeps

*****

Break down in tears
Fall to your fears
Death comes at last
Breaking its fast

Each dying cry
Shouting out "Why?"
Gets no response
Echoes it haunts

Felling each friend
On without end
Gorged on the best
Why won't it rest?

Death never sleeps
Onward it creeps
Under your door
Hung'ring for more

3 comments:

Andy Cantor said...

Yay! Glad I could help. Exellent poems!

Integrity said...

Do you ever just not want to rhyme? I like how you rhyme, but do you ever write without rhymes?

I would like to look over your blog and see, but right now must do more college essays.

Peter said...

I've written a couple poems without rhymes, but the only one I've done semi-recently I don't like enough to put up here.