Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas! Have a nightmare!

Gyaaah! Was I glad to wake up this morning! I dreamed that I read in the paper (which looked oddly like my blog) that several people I knew (along with several I didn't) had been killed in a plane crash, Eloquent among them.

The strange and disturbing part of that was that I wasn't affected nearly as much as I thought I should be by the news. And it wasn't just the dream setting, because around the time I wrote the long post on nightmares I had one where I was being forced to kill the Venetians myself (by L. Peter Callender for reasons unknown) and in that dream I was absolutely hysterical (to be completely honest, in the dream I decided to commit suicide as soon as I was done; that was the only dream I've had in which I have contemplated suicide). Maybe it was just the impersonality of learning about the deaths through the newspaper rather than actually seeing (unwillingly inflicting) them. I sure didn't have an emotional reaction of any sort when I heard about the deaths of Steve Irwin and Dyke Brown, but when I saw a dog get run over I felt cold inside.

Oh, on the being-forced-to-shoot-the-Venetians dream, fortunately for me it didn't last. I suppose the first "warning" sign was that the first person I shot was Christine Daae, and when I took my eyes off her and then looked back, her body had disappeared. It was at that moment that I realized I must be dreaming and promptly put down the gun.

3 more days until Christmas! (Like the subtle change of topic?)

1 comment:

Andy Cantor said...

Hmm... I just got back from an Aikido class where we were working on defense against guns, and I had to pretend to shoot, and be shot by my friends. It was intense, but I think it was something valuable for my acting, and I intend to hold on to those feelings.