Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Even more morbidity!

Over on the D&D message boards is a topic, "1001 Evil Necromancer Sayings." As I was considering singing "Dog Eats Dog" from Les Miz for the auditions today it was on my mind, so I took the lyrics and reworked them. Then just now I decided to put them here. This is what Thenardier might have sung were he a necromancer.

Here's hint of soul stuck inside a corpse.
Pardon me, monsieur, you won't be needing this no more.
Shouldn't be to hard to mould.
Add it to the horde! Add it to the stock!
Here among the evil dead a breath away from hell
You get accustomed to the smell.

Well, someone's got to raise them up, my friends,
Bodies in the graveyard, law and order tumbling down.
Someone's got to raise up these odds and ends
Ere the conquest of the town.

Here's an onyx jewel and a dying fool!
Wouldn't want to waste him; that would really be a crime.
Thank you sir, I'm in your debt.
Here's a little toy! Animate the boy!
His heart's no longer going and he's lived his little time,
But his body's working yet.

Well, someone's got to raise them up, my friends,
Before the little harvest is interred into the mud.
Someone's got to raise up these odds and ends
When the gutters run with blood.

It's a world where the ghouls eat the dogs,
Where I raise up the bones in the street,
And the gods in their heavens, they don't interfere
'Cause they're dead as the stiffs at my feet!

I raise my eyes to see the heavens and only the moon looks down!
The harvest moon shines down!

I really should get to doing homework now.

11 comments:

Lilith said...

HA HA! That was great! At first I read the part about D&D message boards, and I groaned, but that was hilarious!

Peter said...

That was fast! You don't have ESP, do you?

Peter said...

Now I ought to give the same treatment to "Castle on a Cloud." *evil grin*

Lilith said...

No, I don't have ESP, I just check my blog and your blog and everyone elses blog compulsively every 5 minutes or so. :D

Andy Cantor said...

I should really see les miz...

Lilith said...

You should. I LOVE YOU EPONINE!! STAY STRONG, GIRL!! [random voice]Isn't she dead?[/random voice] SHHH!!! We don't talk about that...

Peter said...

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LES MISERABLES?!?!?

Lilith said...

A lot of people haven't. But everyone should. It should be mandatory all years of high school.

Integrity said...

Mmm... I remember when i had to sing from that in my lessons. that was fun.

it's been too long. i think i lost that song book too. *sheepish grin*

Andy Cantor said...

"YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LES MISERABLES?!?!?"

Um... Nope. *hides from the wrath of the disconcerting*

Lilith said...

Aww, he's not that bad!! Says the owner of a crazed, uncontrollable dragon named Cutie...